To submit a manuscript, first make sure you have a Word file from which the title page and all author-identifying references have been removed. Then, go to the web site at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/amj and follow the directions. Acknowledgements of others' help in preparing the paper for submission should be included in the letter to the editor that is featured as part of the web-based submission process. If you need assistance uploading your paper, please contact the Manuscript Central helpline weekdays between 12:00 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. EST at 434-964-4100 or 888-503-1050 (both U.S.-based numbers). If you are a new user this will be a two step process:
- First you establish your account by entering name and affiliation and address details. You may also be asked to enter a few keywords describing your work. Make sure at this stage that you do NOT submit your manuscript (despite the fact that there is the opportunity to upload a file).
- Second you go to "Author Center" where you provide information about the current manuscript that you are submitting. The instructions are fairly self-evident.
In order to facilitate processing of submissions, please make sure that:
- Your entire submission (including references) is double-spaced in 12-point or larger font with margins of one inch or more.
- Your abstract is 200 words or less.
- Your submission contains few and only necessary footnotes (not endnotes).
- There is nothing in your file that identifies the authors.
- Any hypotheses are explicitly identified as such.
- Constructs and variables are identified in words, not abbreviations.
- Any prior publication of the data featured in the manuscript is explicitly acknowledged either in the manuscript or in the transmittal letter to the editor. (Any forthcoming or "in press" articles which use the data should be forwarded to the editor.)
- To insure author anonymity, manuscript "properties" (under FILE in Microsoft Word) should be erased prior to submission.
NOTE: The Academy of Management uses the iThenticate software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts. You can be reassured that AOM is committed to actively combating plagiarism and publishing original research. View our plagiarism policy here. To find out more about CrossCheck visit http://www.crossref.org/crosscheck.html
iThenticate is also available to authors and researchers who wish to check their papers before submission. iThenticate compares submitted documents to extensive data repositories to create a comprehensive Similarity Report, which highlights and provides links to any significant text matches, helping to ensure that you are submitting an original and well-attributed document. iThenticate for Researchers is a separate service to CrossCheck.
Guidelines for submitting figures/images:
- Make sure you use uniform lettering and sizing of your original artwork.
- Number the illustrations according to their sequence in the text.
- Tables and figures should be placed at the end of the manuscript, with placement instructions between paragraphs within the body text to indicate where these items would go (e.g., "Insert Table 1 Here).
Guidelines for figures/images after Acceptance:
- Submit each figure as a separate file. At this stage, do NOT embed art files into a Word or PDF document.
- Line illustrations should be submitted at 900 dpi.
- Halftones and color should be submitted at a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Save as either TIF or EPS files.
- Color art must be saved as CMYK—not RGB.
- Black and White art must be submitted as grayscale—not RGB.
- PowerPoint or Excel files should NOT be submitted.
To view specific color art submission guidelines for Accepted papers, please visit http://art.cadmus.com/da/index.jsp
Color Reproduction: Authors or their institutions must bear the cost for any color items they wish to include. A fixed rate of $300 for the first piece of art and $150 for each subsequent piece will be charged. Upon Acceptance, authors will be contacted regarding color reproduction. All printed color reproductions will appear in the online version at no additional charge.
If you have any payment, submission or style questions regarding color reproductions, please contact Michael Malgrande (email@example.com).